Recipe of our Sweet Potato Flour Log for 6 people
3 preparations to make before putting everything together to form the log.
Step 1: The chocolate ganache
Ingredients for the ganache
- 200g dark chocolate 70%
- 200ml of almond cream
- 1 tablespoon of oil here organic coconut oil
- 1. Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie
- 2. In another saucepan, heat the cream
- 3. Pour the cream over the chocolate and mix until you obtain a homogeneous mixture
- 4. Add the oil and mix
- 5. Put the ganache in a container and put it in the fridge to cool
Step 2: pastry cream
Ingredients for the pastry cream
- 200ml almond milk without added sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 10g coconut sugar
- 15g sweet potato flour
- flavor: vanilla powder
Pastry cream recipe
- 1. In a saucepan, bring the milk to a boil with the vanilla.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the egg yolks and gradually add the sugar.
- 3. Then add the flour and mix.
- 4. Finally, gradually add the milk to the bowl while continuing to mix.
- 5. Pour the pastry cream into the saucepan, and return to low heat and cook, stirring, until the cream thickens. It may take a few minutes.
- 6. Place the cream in a bowl, and put it in the fridge to cool
Step 3: The sponge cake
- 2 eggs
- 60g sweet potato flour
- 40g coconut sugar
- 20g of oil here coconut oil
- flavor: vanilla
Sponge cake recipe:
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- 2. Separate the whites from the yolks.
- 3. Whip the egg whites with the sugar using an electric whisk (can take a few minutes)
- 4. In a bowl, place the oil and melt it in the microwave
- 5. In a bowl, combine the egg yolks, oil and flour.
- 6. Then add the whipped egg whites, mixing gently.
- 7. On the baking sheet, place a sheet of baking paper then the cookie cutter. To ensure the thickness of the cake was even, I used a cookie cutter in a rectangular position (26 cm x 18 cm).
- 8. Pour the sponge cake into the cookie cutter and spread it delicately evenly
- 9. Cook for 12 minutes at 180 degrees.
- 10. Take the sponge cake out of the oven
- 11. With a knife, gently peel the sponge cake from the cookie cutter.
- 12. While the sponge cake is still hot, it should be gently rolled with the baking paper. Or you can roll it up in a damp cloth.
- 13. Let the rolled sponge cake cool with the baking paper or in the tea towel.
Step 4: The log
- a pear cut into small pieces
- 1. Once the sponge cake has cooled, gently unroll it, then add the pastry cream using a spatula over the entire sponge cake.
- 2. Add the pear pieces
- 3. Then roll the sponge cake again.
- 4. We will now spread the ganache around the log with a spatula. If, out of the fridge, the ganache has hardened, it can be reheated a little in the microwave for 15 seconds at 600 watts. The ganache should be soft enough but not too runny to be able to spread easily.
- 5. We start by spreading the ganache under the log and wait a few minutes for it to set.
- 6. Then turn the log over and spread the ganache on top and sides of the log.
- 7. Keep the log in the fridge or eat it straight away.
There will be a little pastry cream or ganache left over but it can still serve as a topping for breakfast;)